Yes it is true waxing has become a more common and popular alternative for removing unwanted hair. Whether it is the legs, armpits, eyebrows, upper lip or even more sensitive areas (and private) both men and women are choosing this service as a longer-lasting hair removal. We’ve pulled together all the info you need to know so you can have the best experience possible.
- Dull the Nerves. Take an aspirin or ibuprofen about 30 – 45 minutes before your wax or apply a numbing spray 15 minutes prior to waxing.
- Avoid all alcohol, foods and drinks containing caffeine before waxing.
- Avoid the sun immediately after waxing and wear proper sunscreen lotion.
- Ensure skin is washed free of all lotions and oils before waxing.
- Avoid tight clothing, hot baths, hot showers, heavy exercise, saunas, steam rooms and sexual activity for 48 hours prior to waxing.
- Two to three times per week exfoliate the skin to remove dead skin aids preventing ingrown hairs.
- Avoid shaving skin between waxes, this causes the hairs to become very coarse and can make waxing more difficult.
- Avoid all harsh skin cleansers or creams and lotions for 24 hours after waxing.
- Hair should be at least 1/8″ in length or have 4-6 weeks of growth.
- People taking Accutane must be off for six months, also Retin-A, Glycolic acid or antibiotics are not recommended to have waxing services due to the sensitivity these products cause the skin.
- Diabetics and hemophiliacs should avoid waxing.
- We recommend you schedule your waxing services 3 – 5 days before departing to a sunny destination.