Annie Tsang, Registered Dietitian
Annie Tsang is a Registered Dietitian who believes strongly in motivational interviewing as an effective counselling strategy to support her clients in making realistic changes. She is a member of the College of Dietitians of British Columbia and Dietitians of Canada. She has a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutritional Sciences from the University of British Columbia and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics from the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, where she completed her 11-month dietetic internship.
Annie has extensive experiences in the area of weight management, maternal and child health, cancer care, chronic disease management, irritable bowel syndrome, joint health, gastrointestinal diseases, and emotional and disordered eating. She is currently working at the Eating Disorder Program in Richmond and BC Cancer Agency.
Annie can help you discover how to eat with awareness, manage cravings, love your body and build a peaceful relationship with food.
Annie provides nutrition counseling and support for a variety of health conditions and challenges including:
- Weight loss and healthy weight management
- Emotional eating and disordered eating behaviors
- Digestive disorders (irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis, constipation, acid reflux, diverticulitis)
- Food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
- Cancer nutrition
- Pregnancy nutrition
- Bone and joint health (osteoporosis, osteopenia, arthritis, gout)
- Heart disease, cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Diabetes (Type I and II, Gestational, Pre-diabetes)
- Sports and fitness nutrition
Other services offered include:
- Diet analysis and meal planning support
- Grocery shopping tips and tours
- Recipes resources
- Lunch and learn
- Nutrition seminars and presentations
Or if you are just looking to improve your nutrition and feel healthier but are not sure where to start, she can review your diet for missing or lacking nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
Annie provides services in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. She believes food is the nourishment that drives our emotions, energy, and self-esteem. She can assist and support your nutrition goals based on your specific needs and readiness to change. As a Registered Dietitian, she can provide you with information and feedback that are evidence-based.
Annie’s private practice is driven by her shared core values as a business and an individual:
Integrity: “I strive for wholesome outcomes”
Individuality: “Everyone is a unique individual who deserves personalized recommendations”
Respect: “I respect each of my customer’s values and beliefs”
Continual Improvement: “Never stop learning”
Passion: “Dream big”