Chia (pronounced chee’ah), is the richest and only unprocessed, whole food source of pure Omega3. A member of the mint family, Chia is native to Central America and has been used traditionally for over 3000 years. It is considered an Aztec superseed!
Due to its high fiber content (35%+) Chia seed has the remarkable ability to absorb ten times its weight in water, making it an excellent source of hydration. Chia’s fiber forms a gel that slows the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, binds it to toxins in the digestive system, and helps eliminate waste. This process makes the chia seed a wonderful daily detoxer!
Chia is especially rich in essential fatty acids, making it the richest, unprocessed and fully-digestible whole food source of Omega3.
This is why we love this seed so much:
- The Chia seed has 300% more selenium than the flax seed
- 500% more calcium than whole milk
- 100% more potassium than bananas
- 1,400% more magnesium than broccoli
- 600% more Omega3 than wild salmon
- 500% more protein than kidney beans
- 100% more dietary fibre than bran flakes
- 200% more iron than spinach
- More Antioxidants than both prunes and blueberries!!
And so there you have it. This really is a no brainer when it comes to thinking about adding it into your daily diet, especially for vegans and vegetarians.