Harness your energy for powerful healing and growth
Reiki, Chinese Meridian System, Astrology + Daily Yoga
7 nights • Costa Rica • September 21-28 2019Register today
Learn a whole new approach to your self-care and client practice."Sometimes the only way to move forward is to retreat."
Are you “chi/ki” (get it?) This course is for all current and aspiring energy and wellness practitioners. We will cover the Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki Level 1 training and placement (attunement), to ensure all can participate in an inclusive environment. But what’s really the big deal?! Well, we will be incorporating new cutting-edge information around utilizing the Chinese meridian system and the Zodiac when practicing Reiki on self or others.
No previous Reiki experience is required to take this course. This training is open to all those wishing to learn how they can access their Chi/Ki (energy), and improve their health and mental well-being.
Hey seasoned vets! Don’t fret! It’s never a bad thing to upgrade and boost your old attunement with the shiny new Holy Fire (Level 1) placement. Our extensive program is guaranteed to amp your Reiki practice when blending the Chinese meridians knowledge with the fundamentals of the Zodiac.
- Reiki Level 1- how to do Reiki on self and others or boost your current Reiki channel
- The 12 main Chinese meridians as well as the extraordinary meridians and how to incorporate them into your Reiki practice
- How the planets, astrological signs and energies align with the body, Chakras, and karmic patterns
- Daily Yoga
- Daily Meditation
- Amazing dialogue, sacred insights, and inner reflection
- Time for R&R (ahhh)
The Reiki training is a prerequisite for those wanting to take their Usui/Holy Fire III Level 2 degree. We will be offering Usui/Holy Fire III Level 2 at upcoming retreats.
Surround yourself with natural beauty in Costa Rica
Every traveler will have their own reasons to fall in love with Costa Rica. Whether it’s the people, natural wonders, sublime beaches, fantastic climate, or the Pura Vida lifestyle. We have found our slice of heaven. In Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, lies a little stretch of paradise. Pristine beaches, miles of quiet coastline, a virtually untouched landscape for you to discover. Nautilus Boutique Hotel is just steps away from this utopia. In Santa Teresa, the waves are constant, the food is delicious, and the locals are friendly. At the retreat, you can leave the bubble, and relax in the sun and surf during any downtime, by visiting the gorgeous Santa Teresa Beach. Mid-week, take an optional nature excursion or opt for a nap- you choose.
Move, learn, awaken.
- Wake Up and Connect: yoga & meditation
- Breakfast: nourish at Olam
- Class time: in the Shala
- Lunch: nourish at Olam
- Break: nap time, pool time, beach time- you’ve got options
- Class time: in the Shala
- Dinner: nourish at Olam
- Free time: check out the nightlife, meet the locals, hit the sack early, again you’ve got options
- *occasional optional meditation or discussion
Expand your knowledge.
Ultimately deepen your self-care practice.
This reiki training retreat includes lecture, class discussion, demonstrations, and plenty of hands-on time with Reiki. For newbies, you will be introduced to Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki 1, and for those experienced peeps, you’ll re-fresh and enhance your current Reiki practice. During the week you will receive Reiki “experiences” (meditations) and a placement (attunement) that will initiate you to Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki 1 or boost up your current fabulous channel.
- The origin and history of Usui Reiki and Holy Fire
- The Reiki Principles and how we apply them
- Suggested hand placement system, how Reiki energy works and how we can use it
- The Reiki Ideals
- Byosen scanning-enables you to detect where Reiki is needed
- The three pillars of Reiki: Gassho, Reiji-ho and Chiryo
- Kenyoku (dry bathing)
- The chakra system and integrating this wisdom in a Reiki session
- Daily hands-on practice and guidance on giving treatments to self and others
- A detailed review of the Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Comprehensive Reiki manual
- Completion certificate
Chinese Meridian System
This portion of the program includes learning the ancient traditional Chinese Medicine meridian system. You will study focused content on common health issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, and hormones, to integrate into your own wellness or client practice. On top of this, you will learn how to use this knowledge with your Reiki training.
- Foundations of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Five Elements
- 12 Chinese Meridians
- 2 Extraordinary Meridians
Our astrological birth chart can be viewed as a kind of user manual (vroom, vroom!). There is a wealth of information from the universe in our chart, including our strengths, challenges, emotional patterns, karmic work, and potential paths. Understanding the fundamentals of the chart can assist you in aligning to your own path and power, while also giving you more tools and frequencies to tap into when channelling Reiki to yourself or others. During the retreat, we will cover the attributes, themes, and energies of the astrological signs and planets, connect to our personal planets through guided meditation (what have they been trying to tell you?!), and discuss how to apply the energies of the astrological symbols into your treatments.
- The concept of the natal chart imprinting on our subtle anatomy at birth
- The celestial map of the signs, houses, and planets
- The skillful and unskillful applications of the qualities of the signs
- Utilizing the energies of the zodiac in a Reiki treatment
- Yin and Yang signs
- Elements of signs
- Modalities (movement orientation) of the signs
- Planets and their association with the energy centres (chakras)
- Understanding the importance of your Moon in your natal chart for better emotional wellness
- Where to look for karmic narratives in the natal chart and how to use this knowledge in a Reiki treatment
- Journey into personal planets through meditations to connect deeper to your soul path
Learn in the treetops. Relax by the pool. Sink your toes in the sand. You’ve arrived in paradise.
Who doesn’t love an intimate family-owned and operated Boutique Hotel? By immersing ourselves in our surroundings we can begin to let go of the external disturbances that occupy our minds and impact our health. Nautilus Boutique Hotel and Olam Pure Food will nurture your spirit and feed your soul. Olam Pure Food offers solely vegetarian & vegan organic meals. Many of their recipes are gluten-free and sugar-free. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated -let’s talk!
The beautiful villas feature fully equipped kitchens, bedrooms with top of the line orthopedic mattresses, living area, modern furniture and amenities, cable TV, wifi, AC, and lounge areas outdoors. Have the best sleep of your life and wake up in paradise.
Most of our “chi/ki” retreaters are traveling solo, and are open to making lifelong friends. From your questionnaire, we will be assigning you to your room (based on an occupancy of three), unless you are traveling with a couple of dear friends and wish to bunk together.
We recommend you arrive in SJO 1 night prior to the start of the Training Retreat (Registration opens at 4pm Sept 21) so that you have plenty of time to catch your shuttle or flight to Santa Teresa Beach and get settled in. Plan to arrive at Juan Santa Maria International airport (SJO) in San Jose so you have 2 main transportation options to the Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area:
1. Shuttle/Ferry from SJO to the hotel . Once we have our group list finalized, we can arrange a group mini bus transport for those requiring it (paid directly to the hotel) Transfer at $65 each way approx. 5 ½ hours.
2. Fly to Santa Teresa The quickest and easiest way to get into Santa Teresa/Mal Pais is to take a quick 25 minute domestic flight from San Jose to Tambor (reservation and payment on own) then arrange a private taxi/shuttle from Tambor into town. Once you have reserved your air itinerary, arrangements via shuttle (45 min.) need to be made in advance and we will be happy to connect you with the hotel directly to do so (payment made directly with hotel).
Over 35 years practicing Reiki and natural wellness.
Learn and explore with supportive, approachable, and experienced facilitators
Book your retreat today.Total Cost: $2800 USD
- 7 nights accommodations *shared
- 3 Vegetarian/Vegan meals per day
- Usui/Holy Fire III Reiki Level 1 Certification + Fundamentals of Chinese Meridian System + Astrology
- Daily Meditation and Yoga
Join us. Transform your Reiki practice.
Book your journey today, or get in touch with any questions you have. A member of our team will be in touch within 24 hours!