What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a very ancient healing system dating back 4000 years. The oldest known recordings were found in the tomb of an Egyptian Physician. Reflexology Vancouver is used to relieve stress and create balance in the body by working specific areas and points mapped out on the bottom of the feet.
Does Reflexology have to be Painful in order to work?
No! Although there are various techniques and forms of Reflexology that can be extremely painful, it definitely does not have to be painful in order to see results. Most feet may have tender spots or areas of the feet, which by the end of the treatment are either less tender or not tender any longer.
What can Reflexology do for me?
Reflexology is a very safe, effective and beneficial method of treatment. Studies have shown that Reflexology can reduce stress and help with problems such as PMS.
- Relaxes the muscles
- Increases circulation
- Integrates body, mind and spirit
- Helps reduce mental, physical and emotional TENSION and STRESS
- Relieves sinus congestion almost instantaneously
- Can help relieve pain (back & shoulder pain, migraines, arthritis, and sports injuries such as knee, elbow, ankle, etc.)
- Helps the body to detoxify and cleanse
- Balances hormones
- Aids Digestive disorders
- Aids in Women’s disorders such as PMS
Do I need to do anything after a treatment?
Yes! Drink plenty of water. Reflexology like most bodywork helps release toxins from the body. By drinking lots of water you help eliminate the toxins. Taking a hot bath with a cupful of Epsom salts also helps to assist in this process.
Reflexologists at Elements Wellness Centre
Call Elements Wellness Centre today to book your Reflexology appointment – (604) 732-9355